In order to make use of your BackUp facility it needs to be linked to your cPanel account/s and configured.
View screens shotsÂ referredÂ to below here:Â http://idshosting.co.za/cpanel-back-up/
This is what you need to do:
- Access your IDS client area
- Access you BackUp Admin area via yourÂ clientÂ area
- Link your cPanel to your BackUp Admin
- Configure your BackUp
- Manage your BackUp (when required)Â
- Restore BackUp (when required)
Access your IDS Client Area
- Client Area LinkÂ (Reset Password link)
- Client Area Login email & password found in the emailÂ entitled: Welcome
- IDS SupportÂ will reset and resend your client area password only if the request is sent from your IDS accounts registered email address
Access your BackUp Admin Area
- In your IDS Admin client area, select SERVICES > MY SERVICES
- Find Service: BackUp - BackUp Account - 100mb
- Select VIEW DETAILS > new page opens > Select > LOGIN TO BACKUP PANEL
- BackUp Admin loads & Authenticates, check URL:Â http://backup.idshosting.co.za/
- You are into your IDS BackUp Admin facility.
Link your cPanel to your BackUp Admin
- Select ADD CPANEL BACKUP
- enter: username, password, domain, protocol & port
- for IDS clients this info is found in the email sent entitled: New AccountÂ Information
- This email is also found in the client admin area: Emails Sent
- Protocol will usually be; https:// & port 2083
- For non encrypted: http:// & port 2082
- For non IDS clients find the hosting welcome email sent to you, this info should be there.
- Remember if your hosting account has say 4 hosting packages, you will have 4 cPanels, each will need to beÂ connectedÂ if backups are needed for each.
Configure your BackUp
- Continuing from above, linking your cPanel, on the same page
- Select number of backups from the drop down list
- If for example 3 is selected, the fourth backup will overwrite the first
- Select daily or weekly, if weekly, select day
- Select time, note server time is: -5GMT
- Select Add my cPanel Account
- connection will be verified, else re-check details entered. (try another port: 2083 or 2082 normally)
- enter another cPanel account or go to BackUp manager
Manage your BackUp
- Select BackUp Manager
- Each cPanel Account is highlighted in a single row, with a green background
- Select RUN to do a manual BackUp
- Select STOP to pause your BackUp's
- Select EDIT to alter your BackUp configuration
- SelectÂ ICON under the heading 'Available' to Manage BackUp file orÂ SelectÂ Manage BackUp Files
- Click on the link: 'View screenshot ....' to view website image, of backup
- Select a check box/s adjacent to a file/s, and use the drop downÂ aboveÂ to eitherÂ downloadÂ or FTP BackUp file
Restore BackUp (or delete backup)
- Select BACKUP MANGER > MANAGE BACKUP FILES, the latter button will appear as soon as a cPanel BackUp has been made
- Select check box/s of backup link/s you wish to restore or download
- Select in drop down either DOWNLOAD or FTP transfer (FTP is to transfer via internet to your server) - select delete
- To Download to Host or PC select DOWNLOAD & click GO
- New page loads, either click on the link to download or copy link & email to your host to restore for you.
- RememberÂ to delete the link once used, for security reasons.
- To FTP, select FTP on the drop down, and on the new page which loads, enter FTP access codes.