Whats are the basic differences between VPS & Shared Hosting
Knowing the difference between VPS & Shared hosting will help in making a more informed decision.What is Shared Hosting?
- This is the most common type of hosting due to its low cost.
- Sharing the server resources with all websites & emails on the same server.
- Individual hosting accounts are limited to a max of 25% of the CPU capacity.
- Email resources are also limited to spread processing power evenly.
- Bulk Emailing is not encouraged, and stopped or restricted in some cases.
- Email IP connections are also limited per hour quotas to even the resources between the hosting accounts.
- Low costWhat is VPS Hosting? (Virtual Private Server)
- Each hosting package is created in a 'container'
- What happens in this container does not effect other accounts on the same server
- 100% CPU access
- Full email functionality, including Bulk Emails.
- No shared resources.
- Live streaming, faster websites.
- High email loading & sizing.
- Higher costing than shared, but significantly lower than dedicated servers.
Was this answer helpful?
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution